Wow, where did the time go?
I can’t believe that it’s 2016 already. In my mind, 2015 was this massive mountain I had to climb, but I never actually envisioned myself reaching the top. And now I’m already on the other side. Crazy.
2016 is going to be bizarre, but I’m ready. This year is the beginning of the rest of my life: I move across the country, start university, and hopefully indulge in a bunch of new experiences. I can’t wait. (Yeah, I’m also pretty terrified. But the fear is slowly developing into wild excitement.)
I usually hate making resolutions because I forget about them by February. But this year I figured that if I kept the list short and posted it here for all to see, then I’d just have to stick to it. These are mostly resolutions that relate to reading, though. Not that that would come as a shock to anyone.
Five reading resolutions:
- Read more fantasy (because it makes my inner dragon happy).
- Get back into reviewing books regularly.
- Set aside books that I’m not enjoying. I don’t have enough energy to waste on ultimate disappointment.
- Reread the books that make me happy, and not worry about if I’m wasting time or if I should be reading something else.
- Stop being so unbelievably paranoid about damaging my books. Sometimes a dented spine is a demonstration of love. (But no dog-eared pages. I will not stoop that low, yet.)
Five books I resolve to read:
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (The whole series, because it’s disgraceful that I haven’t read it yet.)
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Above all, I resolve to be happy. I don’t think that will be too difficult to achieve, seeing as A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas and Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare are being released. Also the Sherlock special airs today (and I’m dying inside because it still seems so far away). But seriously, I have a really good feeling about 2016. Hopefully it lives up to my high expectations.
Wishing you guys all the best in 2016!